Saturday, December 17, 2011

Maestro's Agility Adventures Part 2 and The Joys of Dog Sitting

Maestro and I had our last Agility class today. We absolutely loved it! I can't believe how fast Maestro picked it up. Over the course of the class we learned regular jumps, the tunnel, the pause table, and the dog walk. I really think that we're going to continue with our agility training because we had such a blast! Maestro just did everything so enthusiastically! I have a lot to learn as a handler, of course, but I'm certainly up for the challenge! I think I'm going to coerce one of my friends to help me make some agility equipment so we can practice at home too. It's just such a good way to challenge him mentally and a way for him to put all of his energy to use! Anybody who has a dog with an abundance of energy should definitely give agility a try.

We've also been dog sitting this weekend! Burton the two year old leonberger has been sleeping over with us and we're having a blast. He's such a great dog and Maestro LOVES him. I think Maestro really loves when we dog sit because that way he gets a constant playmate. He's always a little sad when a dog goes home after staying over for a little while. Luckily, he still gets to see most of our clients on their walks!

It's weekends like this when I realize how much I love my job! I get to spend time with so many different kinds of dogs and I couldn't be happier about it. I've always loved giant dogs so having Burton over has been delightful! Makes me want a giant little brother for Maestro. Thanks for coming over to play Burton! We're glad to have you!


No comments:

Post a Comment